Thursday, February 19, 2015

Let's Get Started

This is the part where I introduce myself. My name is John, and I'm going to be writing in this blog. My English class is starting a new project called 20-Time. For this project, each student is allowed to pick something that interests them. They will then be given one hour of their class time each week to pursue this interest. In my case, it's reading.

This is the part where I talk about my project. My main plan is very simple: read a lot. I've always enjoyed reading but I've found that I don't have enough time to read as I would like. If I finish my homework in time I usually end up sitting in front of a television screen: 50% of my mind focused on what's happening on the television screen and the other 50% focused on my phone's screen. Hopefully I'll be able to re-discover my passion for reading through this project.

This is the part where I talk about my goals. It wouldn't be a high school project without setting goals. My goal, like my overall plan, is very simple: read as many books as I can from all different genres. I don't want to get stuck in my usual rut of Stephen King books and dystopian literature (although they both make for great reads). Through this project I want to explore as many different types of books as possible from non-fiction to fantasy to mystery.

This is the part where I leave. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Well put and funny...you have a dry wit. I look forward to sharing titles with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LETS GET IT STARTED IN HERE... And the bass keeps runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin',
    And runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and...
    In this context, there's no disrespect, so, when I bust my rhyme, you break your necks.
    We got five minutes for us to disconnect, from all intellect collect the rhythm effect.
    So lose an inhibition, follow your intuition, free your inner soul and break away from tradition.
    NOW...
    This is the part where I tell you... to break free and go read some books!
    "This is the part where I say I don't want ya..I'm stronger than I've been before...This is the part where I BREAK FREEE CAUSE I CAN'T RESIST IT NO MORE." - Sunny Kim aka Ariana Grande

    ReplyDelete
  3. The force is strong with this one.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project looks like so much fun. I can't wait to hear about the books you read! Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete